At 1:50pm and 2:00pm respectively, Ethan Charles Binau and Kevin Joseph Binau were born. Tina started getting contractions late last night, and this morning they went from 2-3 an hour to every few minutes, in just a very short time. Unfortunately I didn't make it back in time for their birth. I was in Cleveland for work (the only day in the last month I was away). Tina called me to tell me I needed to get back to Columbus, but 71 was shut down due to an accident for an hour or so. It was such a disappointment to me not to be there, but seeing my little boys made me feel all better.
Tina is going great. She did have them via C-section due to their size and position. She's at Riverside now. Kevin is doing fantastic. He's not currently needing any additional help. He's in the NICU at Riverside for observation.
Ethan's a bit of another story. He was the baby who's fluid ruptured over 4 weeks ago, and causing Tina to be admitted to the hospital until delivery. He's only 4 oz. smaller then Kevin, but could have a few developmental problems. They transported him to Children's because he's going to have to have surgery on his esophagus, as it's currently not connected properly. He's on a ventilator right now, and they are continuing to work on his lungs and heart. Right now we waiting on the results of a lot more testing. I'm sitting in the waiting room at Children's with my mom to hear back from the Cardiologist. Hopefully we get a good prognosis. Tina is with her mom at Riverside for her and Kevin's recovery. Once again our family is split up.
This hasn't been the smoothest or easiest process to this point, and I'm really hoping for a change of luck soon. The boys are both so beautiful; I just pray they are healthy. Thanks so much to everyone for all of their prayers. Please, please keep them coming especially for Ethan. I posted a couple of pictures on Facebook, but there will be more to come.
God bless,
Ryan, Tina, Ethan, and Kevin
So sorry for your struggles, Ryan and Tina! I will most definitely pray for little Ethan and hope for a family reunion soon! ~Lindsay V.
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys! We are all praying for you out here in Arizona!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about Ethan....things should turn around soon with all the prayers headed your way...You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily...
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys! Hope all turns out well with the boys.
ReplyDelete