Hi everyone,
We just got a call from the hospital, and they pulled Ethan's trach tube today! It was a complete surprise and total shock to us. We weren't actually planning on heading to Boston tonight. I just got the call from the attending physician in the NICU, and I could hear my baby boy crying in the background. It was the greatest sound I could ever hear. His voice sounds great, with both vocal chords working. He actually sounds a lot like Kevin. It was funny to watch Kevin's reaction over the speaker phone when he heard his brother's voice for the first time.
Ethan is at a critical point right now. They will continue to watch him over the next few hours to see how his sats look. He's not on any supplemental oxygen at this point. Hopefully, we've cleared another great hurdle with our baby. I'll post a photo once we get down there tonight.
Thank you to everyone for the prayers and support through everything we've been going through. Please keep them coming over the next few days as he tries to gain more and more medical independence.
Love to all,
Ethan, Kevin, Tina, and Ryan
ps. I have to also congratulation Brian and Sara Erwin on the birth of Lucas! We are so happy for you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment