Monday, September 13, 2010

Strange New World


I was able to watch the Buckeyes beat Miami (FL) on Saturday in Concord, since our cable hasn't been installed yet. Yesterday my neighbors invited me over to watch the Pats take on our Bengals. I knew I was in a different world when majority of the people there didn't know who Carson Palmer was. Unfortunately, the Bengals got whooped on so I took a lot of heat. It was really nice of them to invite me over though and Matt and Liz made chili for everyone.

The biggest event over the weekend was Ethan had his "trach" surgery on Friday. It went well, and he's got the trach tube in now. They are keeping him very sedated over the next few days to try and make sure that doesn't move or come out. It's moved a couple of times over the weekend and they've had to call the surgeons up to adjust it. Hopefully, the wound will heal up quickly and this will allow him to finally rid his need for the ventilator. He's such a beautiful little boy, and it's great that we can now see his whole face. Save for the puffiness right now, he and Kevin look VERY similar. Please continue your prayers for our little boy. Kevin really wants his big brother home so they can play together!

Kevin's continuing to do great. No real big changes to report. He's been sleeping much better through the night, which Tina definitely appreciates. I felt so guilty not being able to be home last weekend to be there for Ethan's surgery, or to give Tina some rest while I'd watch Kevin. I'm flying back on Friday of this week, and cannot wait to see my family.

Lastly, we got the carpet put in the house. I'm waiting right now for the movers to get here so that I can have a real bed to sleep in for the first time in a while. Our house will feel a lot more like a home after this week, and I can't wait to bring Tina and our boys out here once Ethan's ready.

Love to all,

Ryan, Tina, Ethan, and Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Kev is chilling in his favorite chair. Nice :) Also I like their updated pictures on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're all moving in positive directions! Someday when they're grown up and healthy, this will all seem like just a bad dream!

    Still sending prayers to you all! :)
    Lindsay V.

    ReplyDelete