Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Day Ahead


Hi everyone,

It's been a good week in New England for the Binaus. We've had 4 consecutive days without any snow. I'm not sure the last time I could say that. Our garage is finally nearing completion. It will be great to not have to scrape off my car every morning at 6am in the freezing temperatures. Kevin is getting ready for his circumcision this upcoming Wednesday. This is the 3rd time it's been rescheduled. However, leave it to Ethan as always to have the biggest news so far.

He will finally be getting his bronchoscopy on Monday. When they are in the OR, they will also check his esophagus and potentially dilate him again if needed. However, if everything looks good after this procedure, they are talking about transferring him to The Elliot Hospital in Manchester, NH. This would be a step down from the Level 3 to a Level 2 NICU, but it would also mean our drive to visit him would only be about 25 minutes each way versus going to Boston every day. Please say a prayer for him tonight, as this would be a huge development for him. It would also allow Tina and I more practice and experience in doing his care.

We changed his trach again yesterday, which thanks to Kevin became a HUGE ordeal. He decided to throw a fit right as we were changing Ethan's trach tube. We were focused on Ethan, but in my peripheral I could see the nurses and doctors passing Kevin back and forth trying to comfort him. It all worked out in the end, but it was by far our most stressful attempt to date.

Grandma Suzy is coming out on Thursday to help us with the boys. Tina and Kevin will spend the night at the Elliot Wednesday after his surgery. Ethan could potentially join him as early as next Thursday (Fingers crossed).

Not to leave out Tina and Kristen, they are both doing well. Kristen's working at Mt. Sunapee right now. I'm extremely jealous I haven't got to do more skiing this year. Oh well. Tina has been getting more and more settled in and is our daily events planner. She keeps the whole ship running.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Ryan, Tina, Ethan, and Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment